First Things First
1. Hydrate – 16-24 oz of filtered water with a squeeze of lemon (1/4-1/2 lemon). Take Vit D3, Fish oil and probiotics before you eat. (see below).
2. Prepare coffee, tea or other morning beverage.
3. Prepare breakfast shake, smoothie or fresh foods.
Dr. Jeb's 5 basics
- Vitamin D3 (2000 - 6000 iu/day)
- Probiotics (Rotate the blends of strains you use month to month.)
- Omega 3 Oil (Fish, Cod Liver, Krill, Tuna or Calamari Oil)
- Anti-Oxidant Blend
- Multi-vitamin (preferably whole food based).
Foam Roller Exercises
- Great way to begin the day.
- A must, before and after exercise
- Great therapeutic for trouble spots like shoulders, knees, low backs.
Daily Functional/Foundational Exercises
(Dr. Eric Goodman, www.foundationstraining.com)
- May be used as or in conjunction with dynamic warm-ups, after foam roller and before exercise.
- May be used AS exercise program.
- Incorporate these movements into your daily routine. i.e., how you move, walk, sit, lift, bend, twist etc.
- Walk briskly for 20-30 minutes every day.
- Pick or try multiple other forms of exercise until you find one you like. Yoga, Pilates, Cross Fit, High Intensity Training or other Interval-based exercise.
- Avoid getting into routines of long slow, plodding exercise. Keep things fresh and fun.
Happy Thoughts – Love, Joy and Appreciation
1. Is there really anything more important than this?
2. Do whatever it takes to feel good . Live in a state of appreciation as often as you can.
Eat Fresh Foods
- Fresh Fiber First--Always eat some fresh, high water and fiber content food, before you eat anything else. i.e., have a carrot or a salad before you eat your main course.
- Lose the wheat--As I have said before, we love it, but foods made from wheat are a poor choice for nutrition. It is easy to eliminate wheat-based foods by 50% almost immediately. Work on slowly excluding them from your diet, over the next year.
- Other grains? The fact of the matter is that all grains have a poor nutrient profile and are not GOOD for us. We like them, but we don't NEED them. We can live healthier lives without them than with them.
- Increase the amount of fresh and lightly cooked vegetables and fresh fruit.
- Fats are your friends. Extra-virgin olive and coconut oils, butter made from grass fed cows, avocados, macadamia nuts, almonds and cashews.
- Meat and poultry that has been grass fed.
This list is in no particular order and is subject to change. Feel free to ask me about any specific topics or titles that you are interested in.
1. The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Sisson
2. Wheat Belly, by Davis
3. The Omnivore’s Dilemma, By Michael Pollan
4. Nourishing Traditions, by Sally Fallon
5. The Paleo Diet, by Loren Cordain
1. The Brain That Changes Itself, by Norman Doidge
2. Change Your Brain Change Your Life, by Daniel Amen
3. Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell
4. The Talent Code, by Dan Coyle
5. The New Rules of Lifting, by Lou Schuler
6. Making Waves: The Story of Irving Dardick and His Superwave Theory, by Roger Lewin